Gastritis is a condition that you have inflammation and irritation in your stomach lining by some reasons. Gastritis may be acute and chronic gastritis. You may feel some symptoms of gastritis like nausea, vomiting, fullness in upper abdomen, burning feel in upper abdomen, indigestion, abdominal pain, etc. If you feel these kind of symptoms please consult your doctor. Gastritis diagnosis may be done by help of your symptoms and endoscopy. Treatment depends on medicine usage and diet. Gastritis diet is the most important point in treatment.
- Some factors cause weakening in stomach lining and stomach acid starts to harm the surface and digest the stomach lining. Here some factors that harm stomach lining and cause gastritis;
- Bacterial infections: Some gastritis cases are occured by a kind of bacteria that is called helicobater pylori. This is the most common bacteria type in the world that causes gastritis.
- Long term anti-inflammatory medicine usage: Long term usage of aspirin and other anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen weaken the stomach lining and cause gastritis.
- Swallowing chemicals
- Autoimmune diseases
- Excesive alcohol use
- Digestive disorders like Chron’s disease
- Older age: Stomach lining thins by age
- Cocaine use
- Fruit juices that contain citric acid like orange juice, grapefruit juice