High T3 causes
Thyroid hormones T3 and T4 are produced by thyroid gland which is a small butterfly shaped gland in front of your neck, below the Adam’s apple. T3-triiodotyhronine and T4-thyroxine are thyroid hormones which have very important functions in your body.
Free T3 (fT3) is the active form of the thyroid hormones . T3 thyroid hormone is produced by thyroid gland also T4 thyroid hormone is converted to T3 in liver and tissues for body usage.
Thyroid hormones have functions in your body like regulating body temperature, heart rate, energy production, carbohydrate metabolism, growth of the baby.
Free T3 level is determined by thyroid functions blood test. High free T3 level may be caused by several reasons.
High free T3 causes
- Excess thyroid hormone production by thyroid gland hyperthyroidism; some type of nodules may cause high free T3 level like Graves disease
- Thyroid medication intake; thyroid treatment medications are used if your thyroid gland can not produce enough thyroid hormone, high dose of thyroid medications may cause high fT3 level
- Inflammation of thyroid gland
- Having an imaging test with iodine contrast material like X-ray, MRI, CT
- Side effects of some medications
- Insufficient iodine intake
- Primer hyperthyroidism
- Multinodular goiter
- Toxic nodular goiter
- Postpartum thyroiditis
- De quervain thyroiditis- subacute thyroiditis
- Struma ovarii