Prediabetes is the condition that your blood sugar (glucose) level is higher than normal. If your blood sugar level is high enough this can be diagnosed as diabetes but prediabetes is the previous stage before type 2 diabetes and the blood sugar level is not high enough to say it is diabetes.
How can you understand prediabetes; symptoms ?
Here some of the symptoms of prediabetes which make you think that you have diabetes and have a doctor visit
- Increased desire to eat sweet foods
- Increased, constant hunger feel
- Recently weight gain or weight loss
- Increased thirst
- Sweating, ( sweating at night)
- Mood changes
- Prediabetes is the previous step of type 2 diabetes
- Prediabetes can be prevented by life style changes
- More exercises and physical activities are necessary
- Eating healthy foods; following a healthy diet is very important in preventing diabetes
- Weight loss; healthy weight loss under your doctor’s control will be so effective to prevent diabetes
- Your doctor may request you some medicines if needed